This program is designed to empower Youth to successfully pursue their dreams by helping them master necessary personal, social and professional skills. This program will focus on providing application oriented skills, which are not usually part of the educational curriculum. Above all, the mission of student excellence program is to inspire principles of ethical and virtuous leadership in youth; so they can become respectable future brand ambassadors of the institution.
The student excellence programs are developed based on experiential wisdom of the experts in the related fields. The program delivery methodology is interactive, engaging and informative to maximise learning.
Engineering Happiness for Academic Excellence program focuses on nurturing an inspirational leader, successful entrepreneur, or a peak performing employee in youth.
Raising Your Employability Index
Job ready education has become the latest mantra in the academics. The quality of education imparted by an educational institute is assessed these days by the placement percentage of an institution, or the number of entrepreneurs produced by it. Dr. Arun is an expert in conducting workshops on job-readiness and entrepreneurship to help students gain the necessary skills.
A comprehensive skill development workshop to make audience job-ready by providing principles and practical strategies to ‘get hired’ before you ‘get tired’ of job hunting.
Basic Level (2hrs)
- Understanding placement process
- Developing personal vision and goal
- Learning Skills and attitude needed to ‘get hired’
- Introduction to ‘getting hired skills’ i.e. presentation skills, interviewing and group discussion skills etc.
- Interactive session with exercises and activities
Advance Level (2hrs)
- Advance concepts in ‘getting hired’.
- Role plays and practice sessions to nurture skills
- Mock interviews and group discussions
Bridging the Gap between Industry and Academia
This workshop makes learning more purposeful as arunb shares strategies to bridge the gap between the focus of Indian academic programs and the expectations of global industry. The workshop will cover:
- Understanding industry needs and expectations
- Identifying gaps between academia and industry
- Creating plan to bridge the value and skill gap
- Exploring career choices
- Interactive Q&A
Invoking the Entrepreneur in YOU
This interactive workshop provides a blueprint of all you need to know to build and run a successful enterprise.
Basic Level Take Away:
- Are you built to be an entrepreneur
- How to identify idea with success potential
- How to generate wealth out of idea
- What you need to know about Product Management, Marketing, and Sales to succeed
- How to raise funds, manage finances and run business
Advance Level Take Away:
- What are advance concepts of Entrepreneurship
- Building your realistic business plan
Two Levels of Workshops
Basic Level: Two hours of interactive session on fundamental principles related to the topic, and how to utilize the principles effectively in your real life.
Advanced Level: Two additional hours of hands-on workshop on application of fundamental principles, along with real life scenario practice and expert feedback.
A Certificate Program in Business Management and Leadership Excellence
Inaugural Ceremony (9am to 9:30am)
Section 1: Business Management Excellence
WHAT engineers must know about Business Management and WHY
Module 1: Fundamentals of Business Management
- Introduction to Management: Understanding What, Why and How of Management
- Introduction to the eco-system of an organisation, how organisations survive and thrive
- Organisational structure and Importance of various management roles in the success of an organisation (Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Finance, HR)
Short Break 11:00am – 11:15am
Module 2: Application of Management Principles for an Engineer to Excel
- Role of an engineering manager: authority, accountability, challenges & joys
- Career progression possibilities for an engineer in an organization
- Introduction to Key Management skills:
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Communication
- Stress Management
- Team Activity
Lunch Break 1:15pm – 2:00pm
Section 2: Leadership Excellence
WHAT engineers must know about Leadership and WHY
Module 3: Fundamentals of Leadership Principles
- What makes you a leader: Essential Leadership Traits
- Why an engineer needs to learn about leadership: Leading from the position of no power
- Team Activity: Video analysis based learning exercise to identify and nurture leadership traits
- Importance of Vision, Mission and Goal for Leadership Excellence
- Positive Attitude: Virtue of a leader to lead in any field of life
Module 4: Application of Leadership Principles for an Engineer to excel
- Interactive Activity: Creating your own vision and mission statement
- Exercise: Finding purpose of life in 5 simple question and creating your own leadership elevator pitch
- Learning to communicate like a leader and becoming from good to great
- Role and challenges of a leader in the present times and the future
Short Break 3:30pm – 3:45pm
Module 5: Preparing for the Dream Job: Applying Learning to Practice
- Applying management and leadership skills to position yourself for your dream job
- Utilising the learning to become a successful entrepreneur: Students may have ideas and aspiration to become an entrepreneur, and this session will help them understand how to take their ideas to market and create value for self and society
- 10 Key Take Away from the Program
Closing Ceremony (4:45pm – 5pm)